Kore – First company in Ireland to achieve integrated ISO 9001:2015 & ISO 14001:2015 Certification
KORE, based in Kilnaleck, Co. Cavan, is the first company in Ireland to obtain integrated ISO certification for both the ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 14001:2015 standards from the NSAI (National Standards Authority of Ireland).
ISO 9001 is one of the most widely used management tools worldwide while ISO 14001 is the standard for Environmental Management. Both standards are internationally recognised.
Kore design, manufacture and deliver practical insulation solutions around a suite of high quality Expanded Polystyrene (EPS) for both the Irish and UK markets. Established in 1997, they employ 30 people at their 25,000 square foot state of the art facility in Cavan.
Noel Brady Managing Director, Kore says, “Being the first company to transition to the new ISO 9001 & 14001: 2015 standards, has provided a number of key benefits to Kore including;
· Showing that we are innovative and a leader in our industry;
· Demonstrating that we have taken a proactive approach to quality and environmental management;
· The adaptation of our business practices to comply with the new ISO 2015 requirements has led to an even better customer experience for our customers and an increase in stakeholder and customer trust;
· Demonstrating that we are committed to integrating the most up to date business practices in our company, along with quality and value into the processes and services that we offer and validating that our team is fully devoted to providing our customers with the best products and service;
· Improved risk and opportunity management – the new emphasis of risk and opportunity management into our management systems now reinforces its use as a governance tool, as well as a performance accelerator. This ensures our business is able to identify risks and opportunities more effectively thereby improving operational efficiency, reducing duplication, saving both time and money;
· The new Annex SL structure provides identical structure, text and common terms and definitions for management system standards and makes integration so much simpler. The integration of our management systems has delivered increased organisational benefits and efficiencies while providing a more complete view of our business;
· We have a single document control system and less confusion!
· Increasing new business opportunities;
The revisions to ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 were released in September 2015 and include greater involvement by senior management, a new structure, a risk-based focus, revised documentation requirements and a variety of other changes needed to meet standard conformance. “It is estimated that up to 3,000 companies in Ireland will be implementing changes to their management systems in order to comply with the new standard before the end of 2018,” says Caroline Geoghegan of CG Business Consulting.
At the presentation of the Certificates, Fergal O’Byrne, Head of Business Excellence at NSAI, said, “Last September, the ISO (International Organisation for Standardisation) published the ISO revisions to ensure that the standards remains relevant in the business world we live in today. Business has changed radically and the ISO standard had to change with it.”
Noel Brady adds, “Our proactive decision to become ISO:2015-certified as soon as we could is a demonstration of our commitment to quality throughout the organisation. Having the independent accreditation validates the ongoing efforts of all our staff.”
Caroline Ashe, Commercial Director, Kore, said, “ISO is an excellent management tool. It ensures that we are always focused on meeting customer requirements, that we follow best practice and that quality is at the heart of what we do. This is an exciting milestone for everyone at Kore. I want to acknowledge the pivotal role that CG Business Consulting played in helping us to achieve this ISO certification. Caroline and her team guarantee certification within twelve weeks and drive the whole process for you.”
“For the first time, top management have to be involved in ISO audits and they must integrate and align their business strategy with their management system. We congratulate everyone at Kore for being first to step up to the mark,” adds Caroline Geoghegan.