Trainers sought for German-developed sustainable renovation training programme?
The German-Irish Chamber is currently seeking expressions of interest from potential trainers of an innovative training programme in the area of sustainable renovation, which is being rolled out in Ireland within the framework of an EU project called NaSaBau.
The German-Irish Chamber is one of the two Irish partners in this transnational project. Potential Irish trainers are being invited to engage directly with the German-based developers of the curriculum in order to:
· Take part in a two-day “Train the Trainer” workshop on 8th and 9th March in Dublin free of charge
· Offer input and feedback to evaluate and refine the programme
· Pilot the training programme in Ireland
Main advantages of the sustainable renovation training programme
· aims to tackle one of the major contributors to the lack of progress in the area of sustainable renovation: the communications gap between the home-owners and the specialists (planners/designers, architects and craftsmen)
· ultimate learning objective is to train the participant to communicate effectively with home-owners interested in renovating their homes in a sustainable way
· combines modules in communication skills, sustainability and the fundamental principles of low energy building practice
· developed by a range of experts in Germany
· is particularly well timed as it will complement the new further training initiatives currently being rolled-out in the area of low energy technical skills for qualified craftsmen
· can meet the urgent need for appropriate practice-oriented add-on courses in the area of communication
· has already been adapted for the Irish market by experts
Potential trainers will be interested in this programme if they:
· hold a third level qualification or equivalent in a construction-related discipline
· have a knowledge of building physics
· have a minimum of 2 years’ experience working on low energy renovation projects
· have excellent communication and presenting skills
· already have training experience or
· wish to acquire new skills in the area of peer to peer training
Sustainable renovation has a key role to play in the achievement of Europe’s climate goals and Ireland faces a steep challenge if it is to meet its energy obligations by 2020.
Across Europe, progress in the area of sustainable renovation is generally observed to be slower than expected. Current studies attribute this lack of progress to the communications gap between home-owners and specialists (planners/designers, architects and craftsmen). In addition, the advice available to building owners tends to focus on a myriad of technical details and can overlook the wishes and requirements of clients themselves. Building advisors have highlighted the urgent need for appropriate practice-oriented add-on courses in the area of communication to enable them to carry out effective client-focused consultation.
NaSaBau aims to bridge this gap. The transfer of the innovative curriculum will enable course participants to conduct a comprehensive, transparent and continuous consultation process and to combine real-life needs with the complex requirements of sustainable renovation while maintaining a focus on implementation. In an Irish context, the introduction of the curriculum in 2015 is particularly well-timed as it will complement the new further training initiatives currently being rolled-out in the area of low energy technical skills for qualified craftsmen.
This training programme is being rolled out by partners in Ireland, Austria, Germany and Greece within the framework of NaSaBau, a Transfer of Innovation project co-funded under the Lifelong Learning Programme of the European Union.
Irish trainers are being invited to engage at an early stage in a consultative way with NaSaBau and have the opportunity to provide their own input and feedback. We welcome expressions of interest from anyone who fits the above profile and would be interested in expanding their training portfolio. Please respond to Aideen Keenan (email@example.com; tel: 01-6424330), who would be delighted to provide you with more detail about the opportunity.