Kirby Group Engineering just announced it has achieved ‘platinum’ accreditation from the ‘Investors in People’ programme.
It follows a highly rigorous assessment process for the Irish firm, in which it scored among the top 2% of organisations who have been assessed so far.
The ‘Investors in People’ programme, now in its 30th year, has assessed over 50,000 organisations in that time. This international accreditation from the UK-based organisation is currently recognised in 66 countries around the world.
This puts Kirby in the top ranks of its category of Architectural, Engineering and Construction Activities.
Some of the excellent feedback from the assessors included:
- Kirby people are highly motivated; leaders are trusted role models with solid working relationships with their teams.
- Kirby’s approach to recognition and reward is considered by many to be much more generous than where they have previously worked.
- There is a culture of appreciation, positive reinforcement, acknowledgement, and recognition at Kirby.
- Kirby people have demonstrated an ability to flex, adjust and adapt during the pandemic without any noticeable impact on performance.
- There is compelling evidence of learning and development at all levels.
- Continuous improvement is an embedded activity within Kirby.
- People believe Kirby is a great place to work.
Group MD Mark Flanagan says the news is another excellent endorsement of the Kirby way of doing business: “Kirby has gone through a period of rapid growth in recent years, and one of our priorities was to maintain a commitment to our five core values – People, Safety, Quality, Delivery and Value – as part of that expansion. The report from Investors in People shows that’s on track, and I couldn’t be prouder of our team for that, particularly when we’ve all come through such a challenging year”.
Kirby Group Operations Director Henry McCann says, “To see that people believe Kirby is a great place to work and have them positively highlight areas like remuneration, communications, trust and support will inspire us to drive forward. Knowing we’ve got such a supportive team who are committed to a bright future for the company is a massive advantage”.
Kirby acknowledges the great guidance it has received over the last five years from its Investors in People Practitioner – Andy Galloway on its journey towards excellence in our people management processes.
Pictured above: Fergus Barry, Group Head of Human Resources, Michelle Powell, HR Business Partner and Mark Flanagan, Group Managing Director