FIEC elects new President
Further to the FIEC General Assembly meeting held in May, the German contractor Thomas BAUER is the new President of the European Construction Industry Federation, at the head of the newly elected Steering Committee.
Prof. Thomas BAUER succeeds the Norwegian contractor Kjetil Tonning, whose term of office has come to its statutory end.
Prof. Bauer has represented the interests of the construction industry for over 20 years in leading positions both nationally and at EU level as Vice-President and President of the German Construction Industry Federation HDB, and since 2016 as Vice-President of FIEC and President of its Economic and Legal Commission.
He is currently Chairman of the Supervisory Board of BAUER AG (Schrobenhausen, Germany). Holder of numerous honorary awards, he is also on the board of the Confederation of German Employers’ Associations BDI.
The newly elected members of the FIEC Steering Committee are:
- Thomas BAUER (DE), President
Vice–Presidents (in alphabetical order):
- María-Ángeles ASENJO (ES), representative for Spain
- José Michaël CHENU (FR), representative for France
- Philip CRAMPTON (IE), representative for the group IE, PT
- Michail DAKTYLIDIS (GR), representative for the group CY, GR
- Philippe DESSOY (BE), representative for EIC (European International Contractors)
- Lubomir KATCHAMAKOV (BG), representative for BG, CZ, EE, HU, HR, LT, LV, RO, SI, SK, UA
- Juha MetSälä (FI), representative for the group DK, FI, NO, SE
- Rüdiger OTTO (DE), representative for Germany
- Piero PETRUCCO (IT), representative for Italy
- Alexander PONGRATZ (AT), representative for AT
- Joël SCHONS (LU), representative for the group BE, LU, NL