IWEA ANNUAL CONFERENCE 2016 announced “ENERGY MATTERS”.
The IWEA Annual Conference 2016 “Energy Matters” will take place in the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, Dublin on the 23rd & 24th March.
IWEA’s March 2016 “Energy Matters” conference will look at the key opportunities and topics for our industry in 2016, including REFIT II, I-SEM, Community Involvement, and Enabling Technologies. The conference will again be held over two days, with the conference banquet, one of the social highlights of our industry’s year, taking place on the evening of 23rd March. The conference will also provide ample opportunity for attendees to meet and share knowledge, experience and contacts.
Six focused sessions over two days, will see high profile policy makers, industry leaders and energy specialists examine the following themes:
- Energy Matters – The Power to Power Ourselves.
- The Right Environment for Ireland’s Clean Energy.
- Certainty in a Time of Transition – Insights and International Perspectives.
- Engaging Energy Citizenship in Ireland’s Communities.
- Building on Wind – Enabling and Empowering Technologies for Ireland.
- Ensuring Ireland’s Climate for Change.
Confirmed Speakers to Date:
- Peter Harte, Chief Technology Officer, Element Power (Ire) Ltd and IWEA Chairman
- Brendan Heneghan, Interim CEO, IWEA Ltd
- Garret Blaney, Commissioner, CER
- Dr. Jeanne Moore, Policy Analyst, NESC
- Joseph Curtin, Senior Research Fellow, IIEA
The conference is sponsored by: Senvion.
Supported by: CG Power Systems Ireland Ltd, DNV GL and Mason Hayes & Curran.
The Conference Banquet is sponsored by: Arthur Cox. This will take place on the evening of the 23rd March.