The 2015 Intel Women in Technology Scholarship Program is now open!
Intel’s success in Ireland has been built on the quality of highly skilled and educated people available in the country. Through the ‘Women in Technology’ scholarship program, Intel hopes to increase awareness and encourage a new generation of high-achieving women to take up the challenge of a career in science and technology.
Intel commented that they ‘work closely with local schools and colleges to help ensure that our educational system continues to produce the exceptional quality of graduates that has helped to make Intel in Ireland so successful.’
Each scholarship includes an annual grant of €2,000 and intern placements or summer internships at the Intel Leixlip campus.
Scholarships are open to female school leavers entering specified four year undergraduate degree courses in science, technology and engineering (full selection criteria is included below) and each scholarship award includes the following:
– Monetary grant valued at €2000 for each student per annum.
– Scholars will complete intern placements or summer internships at the Intel Leixlip campus.
– To assist with career progression and further education, each scholar will be assigned an Intel mentor who can assist and provide advice on managing their academic career.
Criteria for selection:
- The program is open to female school leavers entering approved undergraduate degrees
- Candidates must secure a minimum of 400 points in their Leaving Certificate
- Written proof of registration in a relevant 3rd level institute must be supplied
- Recipients must be willing to undertake their co-op placement or internship in Intel Leixlip, where applicable
- Students will be required to provide by post a copy of their Junior and Leaving Certificate results
The scholarship programme is part of a wider drive within Intel to diversify its workforce, the tech giant has already pledged US$300m to ensure that its workforce reflects the racial and sexual make-up of the population by 2020.
The online application form is available to complete here.